Backyard Get-Together Ideas for This Summer
Summer is here and it’s the perfect chance for us to make use of the beautiful outdoor space we’ve created in our backyards. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the warm and sunny weather than by hosting a backyard get-together like no other. There are many party ideas you can try depending on who’s coming and what everyone’s interested in. We’ve created a list below of some exciting and lively backyard party ideas for you to try with your family and friends this summer.
- A Pup Party- who said dogs aren’t allowed to have a party of their own? This isn’t the traditional backyard get-together which is why we love it. Chances are you have many friends with fur babies who want to get out and play, so this summer why not host a puppy party with treats and toys galore.
- Movie Night – Whether you have a television mounted in your backyard or a blow-up movie screen you can purchase or rent, there’s nothing cozier than getting your entire family together or your favorite group of friends and bingeing on snacks while watching your favorite movies.
- Water Party – We say water party because not everyone has a pool in their backyard and that’s ok. Whether you have an underground pool or not, you have many choices when it comes to playing in the water. You can order an above-ground pool and some floaties for extra fun. If that isn’t an option, you can also buy a slip n’ slide or a bouncy water castle/inflatable water slide so that you can stay safe this summer while not missing out on water activities.
- Picnic Party – One of the best perks of summertime is grabbing your favorite treats and heading outside to eat under the sun while enjoying your favorite company. While a park is a great place to do this at, if you’re pressed for time or wanting to keep it close to home, why not turn your backyard into the perfect picnic/dinner party oasis. You can invite friends or family over and set up an extravagant place setting for a delightful picnic or dinner party that’ll sure to help create good conversations and memories.
- Game Night- The best kinds of parties cater to everyone around. Why not have a party that both kids and adults can enjoy. Tell everyone to bring their favorite board and card games and set up areas where small groups of people can play different games. If you want to make sure everyone’s included in one game, have a relay race or set up a game where everyone physically participates and has a blast at the same time. You can set up a kid's corner with toys and board games perfectly suited for the little ones while the adults have some fun of their own.
- Pot-Luck Party – What kind of party excites you more than one where everyone brings a delicious plate of their favorite food. Create the best smorgasbord of delectable bites and drinks for everyone to eat and enjoy, then turn on some good music and it’s the perfect blend of buffet-style foods with good tunes and many laughs.